In 1912, a second firehouse was erected on the same site. The new firehouse with a hose and bell tower was dedicated in 1913. This two story brick building served as the Fire Station until 1962.
In 1923, the Fire Department came under control of the Village but remained self-governing. In 1923 the Saukville Fire Department sold the firehouse and property to the village.
In 1946, the old firehouse was remodeled, and the two narrow doors were changed to one wide door.
It was probably around this time or just before that the hose and bell tower were demolished. This was done due to the fact that it was a wooden tower and was falling apart.
In 1951, it became apparent the premises were too crowded, and plans for a larger were discussed. With no room left in either the firehouse or Village Garage, some of the equipment was relegated to sitting outside.
In 1962, a firehouse with offices was constructed on the site of the former Fireman’s Hall at the corner of Main and Dekora Streets.
The old firehouse has a meeting room on the second floor where the Fire Department held their meetings. In fact, this was the only place in the village where organizations could hold meetings. Such organizations as the Royal Neighbors, American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Modern Woodmen, and the Girl Scouts held their monthly meetings.
Since the village had no village office or place to hold their meetings, all meetings were help at the old firehouse. In 1937, the old bank building was purchased and meetings were held there.
All voting was done in the old firehouse. It was the polling place for all local and national elections.
The SHS acquired the Old 1912 Saukville Firehouse Station from the Village of Saukville on December 30, 1998. A museum has been created inside of the building and the SHS continues to restore and remodel the infrastructure. Work is currently underway in the center room (in the old cinder block addition) to create more display area as well as a room for the society’s functions that are held at the museum.